Author Topic: Project Euler  (Read 137767 times)

万精油

• Administrator
Re: Project Euler
« Reply #45 on: 二月 25, 2008, 05:01:47 pm »
You need to ask Id94 for that. Technically he still owns the account.

ID94, what do you say?

Yes I can access this site, but basically nothing else.

Great. I am glad it works now. Last time when I went back, I had trouble accessing it.

Now, I have 120 problems solved, that include every problem from 1 to 117 and 3 others that happens to be mentioned by someone some where and I went ahead and solved. Problem 118 doesn't look very hard, but don't have time for it right now. Really need a break. :)

idiot94

« Reply #46 on: 三月 06, 2008, 02:28:35 pm »
You need to ask Id94 for that. Technically he still owns the account.

ID94, what do you say?

Yes I can access this site, but basically nothing else.

Great. I am glad it works now. Last time when I went back, I had trouble accessing it.

Now, I have 120 problems solved, that include every problem from 1 to 117 and 3 others that happens to be mentioned by someone some where and I went ahead and solved. Problem 118 doesn't look very hard, but don't have time for it right now. Really need a break. :)

haha, I did not do anything to Project Euler, although people are talking about ... "me" ... :)
Oh, I do not even know how to put on the flags... what is the flag on me right now? I will go check it out. Anyway, since I do not know how to do problems, at least I should contribute a little to that part. It may take very long time to figure out how to do it though :D
In general, the men of lower intelligence won out. Afraid of of their own shortcomings ... they boldly moved into action. Their enemies, ...  thought there was no need to take by action what they could win by their brains. Thucydides, History

idiot94

« Reply #47 on: 三月 06, 2008, 03:03:15 pm »
好了,刚才先去把profile 给update了,但是一看,旗子还是没有出来,只好又作了一道题。。。现在旗子总算出来了:)呵呵。。
In general, the men of lower intelligence won out. Afraid of of their own shortcomings ... they boldly moved into action. Their enemies, ...  thought there was no need to take by action what they could win by their brains. Thucydides, History

万精油

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: 三月 09, 2008, 11:35:22 pm »
打球受伤,这个周末哪儿都不能去,只好在家呆着。一口气做了十道题,总算打进第二页。这下可以休息一会儿了。:)

idiot94

« Reply #49 on: 三月 10, 2008, 12:17:35 am »
呀。。。严重吗?万教授小心啊,羽毛球确实太剧烈了,我们年纪渐渐的大了,得注意安全了。

万精油

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: 四月 02, 2008, 03:58:40 pm »
Just finished Problem 152. This is by far the most difficult problem (from 1 to 152). I actually found the approach in the first 10 minutes, but spent days to find bugs in my code since I kept missing some terms.

Will really take a break, at least until tax season is over. :)
« Last Edit: 四月 02, 2008, 07:02:36 pm by 万精油 »

fzy

« Reply #51 on: 四月 05, 2008, 12:18:27 pm »
Just finished Problem 152. This is by far the most difficult problem (from 1 to 152). I actually found the approach in the first 10 minutes, but spent days to find bugs in my code since I kept missing some terms.

Will really take a break, at least until tax season is over. :)

Don't remember spending too much time on 152. Probably was lucky.

I still have many early problems left. I am sure most are due to silly mistakes, but too time consuming to find them.

Also need a break until tax is done.

万精油

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: 四月 05, 2008, 03:33:41 pm »

Don't remember spending too much time on 152. Probably was lucky.

There are some problems I got in first try, many problems I need to correct some error. However, for problem 152, I missed one term in my first try, and corrected and introduced other errors. My final code is not very much different from my first code, but took a long detour.

fzy

« Reply #53 on: 四月 06, 2008, 12:25:12 pm »
My solution for 152 is very silly. Just exclude some (most) denominators and then do a brute force search. But it did give the right answer after a while.

fzy

« Reply #54 on: 五月 15, 2008, 12:37:37 pm »
Hi, professor,

We finally met at 168 problems

万精油

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: 五月 15, 2008, 03:05:50 pm »
You guys are amazing. I had a very big head start. Unfortunately, I move like a turtle in the past two one month or so. Finally, I decide to not follow the problem sequence and pick some easy problems from the later list, thus, I moved a little bit in the past week. Now, I am back to original problem sequence, try to do one problem per week, this way, I will catch the top guys at the end of the year (I hope).

The problems are getting harder, and sometimes not hard but require large memory. MATLAB is not the right tool for these problems and I am stuck many times. There's a couple of problems I have to use C.

I just put in a problem and I am now at 169. I hope I can get into the first page by the summer.

fzy

« Reply #56 on: 五月 22, 2008, 10:13:39 am »
We are on page 1 now, and hope to see you there soon.

You are probably at the most difficult stretch now. The most recent problems are easier. We also have only the really difficult ones left, and it will be quite slow from now on.

万精油

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: 五月 22, 2008, 02:17:03 pm »
I have been working crazy on the Earthquake donation relief for the past week (after all, it is my hometown), don't have time to do anything else. I think I will start to crack on PE problems next week.

万精油

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: 五月 22, 2008, 09:32:25 pm »
You are probably at the most difficult stretch now. The most recent problems are easier.

I think you are right, I looked at some of the later problems and feel I can solve them (not easily), but there are some problems that I do not see any direct ways.

So far, I have solved every problem from 1 to 160 and some scattered ones from 161 to 194.

fzy

« Reply #59 on: 五月 23, 2008, 08:44:32 am »
I have been working crazy on the Earthquake donation relief for the past week (after all, it is my hometown), don't have time to do anything else. I think I will start to crack on PE problems next week.

Good luck to you, your family, and everybody in Si Chuan.