Author Topic: Boston Open (Badminton)  (Read 9957 times)

万精油

• Administrator
Boston Open (Badminton)
« on: 三月 20, 2005, 09:33:54 pm »
On March 25th-27th, Boston Open Badminton Tournament will take place in MIT. For detailed information, please visit www.bostonopen.com

If you like badminton, I strongly suggest that you go to MIT on Sunday. This will be the highest badminton performance in the USA other than the nationals. Good players from many countries will come to play. For two years in a row, An Olympic champion has played in Boston open, you can see the level of play from this example.

万精油

• Administrator
Re: Boston Open (Badminton)
« Reply #1 on: 三月 22, 2006, 10:14:26 am »
This year's boston open will take place From March 24th to 26th. Boston Open is getting stronger and stronger. This year, the participants contains 3 world champions (including last year's world cup double champion). Rumor has it that the whole Canadian national team is going to come (stronger tournament attracts stronger players). It's going to be a great show this weekend. If you like badminton, you should definitely go to MIT this Sunday to see the final. For further information, check out Boston Open

It is a great thing that we have such a strong tournament in this area (only second to the US Open in the country). The sad part is that it leaves no room for local players (which means we have one less tournament to play). I will play in the tournament, most likely will be eliminated in the second round (double elimination, lose two matches, you are out). 

万精油

• Administrator
Re: Boston Open (Badminton)
« Reply #2 on: 五月 02, 2007, 03:57:50 pm »
This year's Boston Open will take place from May 4th to May 6th. For detailed information, see Boston Open.

The prize money this year is $17000, bigger than last year, which means the tournament is getting stronger (more money attracts stronger players). My club is flooded with stronger players coming from different countries, they came here early for warming up, plus touring Boston. It is a treat for us to be able to see good players play.

If you like Badminton, you should definitely go to watch the finals on Sunday.