Author Topic: about 649  (Read 6595 times)

649fun

about 649
« on: 十二月 10, 2004, 11:29:11 pm »
Just a story, not a question. If it is not appropriate for this site, please delete it.
I am a 649 fan, and always buy 5 tickets a week.
why? There is a short story.
First at all, in England, if your ticket matches three numbers,
you will get 10 pounds bonus. A ticket is of price 1 pound.
One of my friends in Applied math (a numerical analysis Post Do.)
told me a strategy.
The strategy I heard is:
1. Exclude 6 numbers in last win. You still have 99% chance.
2. Select 30 numbers for your 5 tickets. Then you have 99% * 30/43
   chance include all 6 numbers. (about 70% chance)
3. Divided 30 numbers in 5 groups. Plus some lucky, you will
   have 40% -50% chance to hit three numbers.
This way, you may get bonus in 2-3 games, and will not loss too much money, even play every week.

Of course, it doesn't work. But, I still follow this strategy,
and keep thinking about a more reasonable strategy.

万精油

• Administrator
about 649
« Reply #1 on: 十二月 11, 2004, 12:03:26 pm »
Looks like you are from UK. Welcome to this forum. Most of the readers of this forum is not in UK. If you want to start a discussion about 649, you need to tell the whole story about 649. We have no idea what is 649, other than it is a number. If it is a lottery, how many number to choose from how many number, what is the winning for match all of them, part of them, etc.

This goes for everyone. If you want to discuss something, define it first, unless it is a well known public knowledge.

649fun

about 649
« Reply #2 on: 十二月 11, 2004, 01:07:05 pm »
It is a national lottery. One pound per ticket. Pick up 6 numbers from 1 to 49 in each ticket. Each week, the 6 win numbers plus a bonus number will published. If your ticket match all 6 winning numbers, you are a winner. All winners share 1 million pounds prize. If there is no winer, the money will accumilated. If your ticket match 5 winning numbers plus this bonus number, you get 100 thousand pounds. The additional rule is as mentioned in my post.